Beatstream Arcade Machine is another rhythm and music game from the BEMANI series from Konami which uses a touchsreen control.
The gameplay involves hitting the noes that come from the eight directions to an octagon in the center, all on a wide touchscreen panel.
There are several different kinds of notes used in the game, including:
- Normal Notes - touch once normally
- Long Notes - hold this note as long as indicated
- Ripple Notes - tap the note on the triangled space on the note
- Stream Notes - run the tip of your finger in the direction and length indicated by the note, and
- Slash Notes - make a quick slashing gesture across the note in the direction indicated
Similar to Beatmania IIDX, the player starts with 30% clear gauge (represented by a ring in the middle of the screen) and have to obtain at least 70% by the end of the song to pass the stage.
The music library primarily consists of Vocaloid songs, as well as songs from Touhou Project, like in Sound Voltex.
The game also has four difficulty settings, making it suitable for players of all ages and skill levels, including Light, Medium, Beast, and Nightmare. Nightmare level is not available on all songs.
This bright and attractive cabinet can link up to 8 units with matches with up to 8 players. This machiens earns well in a variety of locations, large and small, and will draw in players from all across the floor.