Dance Evolution Arcade is a new style arcade dancing machine from Konami that works uniquely to other dance games in the amusement market. The machine uses a technology which scans the entire body, taking into account your height and hand positions, and the sensor camera tracks your entire body motion.
The game has a number of fun features, including costumed characters, lots of licensed songs, seasonal BEMANI music, and five levels of difficulty. Players can either play solo, compete 1 on 1, or play together with a maximum of two players. As you move you will see that the way you move corresponds with the virtual character on the screen. The character is prompted by you and simulates your movement in correspondence to the game markers.
The new level-up unlocking system called the CLASS system is exclusive to the Arcade version. Players collect GOLD through playing and if collected enough the player levels up, as players continue to level-up they will unlock features and difficulties.
Other changes include, the game not displaying the song genres and the song selection has switched to a cover flow display, which is easier to recognise and is more aesthetically pleasing. The Arcade version of Dance Evolution also has a 55 song soundtrack and two beginner levels for new players - 'How to Play Lessons!' and 'Simple Choreography!'.
Players will need to watch out for the following indicators during game play, as they tell the play what gestures and movements to make and where:
- Blue Markers - touch the blue ring with your hand.
- Blue Markers with points - touch each point with your hand as the marker rotates and the mini-markers or points rotate towards you. For each point your hand will have to leave and re-enter the marker.
- Orange Cross-hairs Marker - place your hand/foot inside the cross-hairs of the marker and leave it there till the time runs out and the marker disappears.
- Orange Marker with Arrow - place your hand inside the marker and move it in the direction indicated by the large arrow.
- Green Floor Marker - Step on this marker.
- Green Dancers - pose in the same way as the green dancer silhouettes beside you.
- Orange Dancers - mimic the motion or gesture indicated by the orange dancer silhouettes next to you.
Dance Evolution is a fast-paced exer-game that will get visitors from all across the floor moving and shaking. Players will get hours of dancing fun out of this machine as they improves their dance moves and the game continues to challenge them.