Ocean King 2: Monster's Revenge 6 Player Arcade Machine is the official English version sequel to the video redemption and fish hunter game, Ocean King.
The Ocean King 2 is all about the monsters who have come to avenge the fallen fish from the original Ocean King game! Players must take up their weapons again to defeat them and catch as many fish along the way as they can too!
The gameplay matches the original - stack credits, aim with joystick, fire weapons using 'SHOOT' button, and change guns using the 'WEAPON' change button - but the game itself is packed full of new characters, mini-games and features for players to enjoy.
The sequel features 16 original fish from the Ocean King cast, including Snapper, Fugu, Flounder, Clown Fish, Lantern Fish, Butterfly Fish, Lion Fish, Devilfish, Shark, Lobster, Sea Turtle, Octopus, Saw Shark, Killer Whale, Overlord Humpback Whale, and Bomb Crab; however it also has some new ones including Fire Dragon and Electromagnetic Cannon Crab.
There are also Giant Fish, which are supersized versions or small or low profit fish like Clown Fish, Fugu, or, Butterfly Fish, which are much harder to kill and so are worth many more points! The other new character feature introduces four BOSS characters. These huge marine monsters are the ones coming after players! The BOSS characters include:
- The Prehistoric Giant Crocodile - he will attack players as he swims by, damaging their weapons.
- The Night Monster - who makes the screen go dark, and it becomes very hard to see any of the other fish to score points.
- Overlord Crab - all hail! This king of crabs can be taken out either by damaging his pincers or killing him directly.
- Deep Sea Octopus - this monster is too huge to fit on the screen, players must attack his tentacles to defeat him!
Ocean King 2 also has a range of regular and powerful new weapons! Regular weapons players can switch between at any stage during the game and these include the Fish Net gun, the Gun Tube, and the Lock gun; however there are also other special and very powerful weapons which appear at random. These weapons are essential for players to catch lots of fish very quickly and earn the highest scores. These weapons include:
- Drill Cannon - ricochets from one side of the screen to the next, damaging and/or killing everything in it's path. Once it has travelled as much as it can, it explodes taking even more fish.
- Chain Explosion Crab - otherwise known as Bomb Crab. This revised character weapon doesn't just explode once like in the original, it explodes a whopping 3 times, moving around the screen with each explosion! This is capable of killing all fish in range with a maximum of x10 credits to players for huge point earning potential!
- Flamestrike De-Buff - this feature appears at random. Players must shoot the weapon in the specified time and they will be eligible to get Double Score or Extension of Shooting time, making this a key weapon for achieving high scores.
The Ocean King 2 also includes classic features from the original game, including Chain Lightning, Electromagnetic Crab, and Overlord Whale. It also introduces a never-before seen mini-game called Battle in the Golden City, which is free to enter. The game appears randomly and players must catch the fish within the time limit. Score potential is unlimited and players can get rewards, such as Double Treasure Chests!
The cabinet features a 55" LCD screen that uses HD 3D graphics, bringing to life the amazingly detailed and vibrant new stages and characters! The cabinet is a medium sized model, allowing it to fit into a range of locations such as street locations and Family Entertainment Centers.
With plenty to look at and constant action, this game is thrilling for both players and onlookers. This action-packed game is loaded with fresh new characters, new game features and new mini-games making this one the most detailed fish hunting style games in the market.
There are also a number of operator adjustable features to customize the game to suit your location, including Payout function, background music, sound effects, shooting time limit, odds and chance levels, plus many more! This also includes the Key In/Out function, allowing operators to control the input and output flow of credits manually, and the cabinet also has a Note Acceptor and Thermal Printer as input/output options.
The simple game play of Ocean King 2: Monster's Revenge has carried over from its predecessor, but now players can experience a whole new level of enjoyment and interaction when playing! Suitable for players of all skill levels, this game can be as difficult or challenging as you want by how you play it. With it's huge popularity, this machine will draw in players from all across the floor, earning top incomes in a variety of locations!