Reflec Beat Arcade Machine is the latest rhythm and music game from Bemani and is the successor to 2008's jubeat.
In the game field, there will be 2 lines, where the line at the bottom is the player's. Round markers called "Objects" will come towards the player's line, and the aim of the player is to touch them exactly when they are on the line.
There are five types of Object:
- Gold Object: Gold Object is an Object which will bounce to the opposite direction if it is touched on either the player's or the opponent's line.
- Black Object: Black Object is an Object which will disappear if it is touched on either the player's or the opponent's line.
- Long Object: Similar to "Charge Notes" in IIDX or "Freeze Arrows" on DDR, the player must touch and hold it on the same position without moving the finger until the tail of it reaches the line.
- Chain Object: This type of Object appears as an Object with a line that links it to the other Object behind it. The player must double-tap the object on the same position.
- 2TOP Object: This kind of Object only appears on MEDIUM and HARD difficulty. There will be 2 2TOP receptors and the object is always go towards the receptors. Just like with the line, player must touch the Object when it overlaps the receptor to hit it successfully.
There are four judgements that will appear when the objects are touched: JUST for the highest judgement, GREAT, GOOD and MISS for the lowest judgement. All of these judgements will be scored differently. The score appears on the middle of the game field, and depending on the score, the player will either win or lose.
There's also a unique feature called the JUST REFLEC Gauge. This gauge is divided by three, and when the player successfully hits an object, it will be filled. Once it is filled, the player will be able to use "TOUCH & SLIDE". Players just have to hit a Gold Object (not a Black Object) and slide it so the object will bounce back faster in an unpredictable direction, but at the same time it costs a portion of the gauge.