Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons™ pinball machine is a collaboration from Stern Pinball Inc. and Whizbang Pinball LLC, creating an early pinball era styled machine with a difference.
The game takes players on a journey through the Mellon Family farm renowned for abundant produce. Players score points on the farm operated by the lovely Melony Mellon and her twin sisters, while avoiding the wrath of their over-protective shotgun-wielding father.
The colorful easy-to-learn game features a fun, classically styled pinball playfield tuned for a balance of randomness and skilled shooting challenges. The game rewards players of all skill levels, making this a fun and exciting game for new players of pinball, as well as experts.
This unique blend of classic and modern technologies creates a new breed of pinball machine that presents pinball as an art form while maintaining the reliability and serviceability of modern commercial pinball machines.
The playfield, backglass, and cabinet art and styling, central to the game's unique visual quality, feature detailed original characters and fresh hand-drawn artwork that blend elements of mid-century pin-up art and classic pinball themes.
Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons™ offers many unique features including:
- Original retro-style playfield designed by Dennis Nordman
- Original retro-style hand-drawn graphics by Greg Freres featuring fresh fruit, a cool truck and the ever popular Mellon family
- A unique, durable, weathered fruit crate cabinet design
- A supplemental set of powder-coated legs for ease of operation and transportation
- A standard coin-door for location play
- Illuminated mechanical score reels
- Retro-style bumper caps and flipper bats
- Dual-action bullseye melon targets
- A retro mechanical Knocker
- Space for crushed beer cans to set the perfect playfield angle (players can choose their own brand or use Whoa Nellie! branded cans)
This machine works well in a range of locations, and will draw in players from all across the floor with it's bright lighting, colourful and original artwork, and it's exciting game play.