Expo participants can take part in an expanded education conference that includes more than 10 general education sessions covering a wide range of subjects including safety, marketing plans, revenue operations, human resources, visual media technology, data mining, and more. All sessions will be simultaneously translated in English and Mandarin Chinese, and attendees are eligible to receive eight (8) credit hours toward IAAPA Certification, the official mark of professional achievement in the global attractions industry.
Attractions industry leaders from around the world will share their knowledge and insights with conference attendees. Notable speakers include:
- Jana Blackbourn, human resources manager, Luna Park Sydney
- Mark Shaw, Shaw Thing Consulting
- Michael Croaker, head of entertainment, Village Roadshow Theme Parks
- Shaun McKeogh, ICAE, founder and president, Attractions Academy
- Alan Kwok, director of park operations, Shanghai Disney Resort
- Chef Alan Orreal, culinary director, Shanghai Disney Resort
- Chris Yoshi, vice president of economics and global director of Leisure + Culture Asia, AECOM
- Doug Akers, senior director, Park Operations, Universal Beijing
- Joe Relich, vice president of technical services, Universal Beijing Resort
- Joe Schott, president and general manager, Shanghai Disney Resort
- Leafy Li, manager, environmental affairs, Shanghai Disney Resort
- Paul Pei, president, ParkAD LLC – Advisor to Theme Parks
- Phil Hong, senior manager, safety, fire, and health, Shanghai Disney Resort
- Shan Zong, Chinese country manager, Pro Forma Advisors LLC
- William Liu, general manager, Sanderson Group
Macau SAR, China
- Yik Ho, assistant vice president of resort services, Galaxy Entertainment Group
- Keiji Maeda, general manager, Panasonic Corporation
- Steve Tatham, vice president and general manager, Universal Studios Japan
- J. Hong Low, founder and executive director, AGC Sports & Equipment
- Jose "Blue" Reyna III, ICAE, head of park operations division, Enchanted Kingdom
- Mika Nur Faezah, regional director, JNELC Asia
- Wendi Teoh, show creator, APES
- Chris Perry, CEO, Icon Global Partners Limited
- Cecil Magpuri, founder, Falcon's Creative Group
- Craig Hanna, chief creative officer, Thinkwell Group
- Erik Beard, managing member and general counsel, International Ride Training LLC
- Franceen Gonzales, executive vice president, business development, WhiteWater West Industries
- Ken Wheatley, senior director, global business development, Christie Digital
- Mark Dvorchark, managing partner, Pro Forma Advisors LLC
- Randy Ewing, vice president of design, Thinkwell Asia
- Shawn McCoy, vice president, Jack Rouse Associates
- Anna Danau, managing director, Hospitality Intelligence
- Victor Danau, director of operations and development, Asia Pacific region, Ripley Entertainment
In-depth Learning and Multi-Day Offerings
Attendees can also participate in additional in-depth learning programs during IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers and IAAPA Safety Institute.
IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers
Taking place 9-11 June, this professional development program is designed for leaders with five or fewer years of experience in attractions management. The two-and-a-half-day program offers a blend of classroom instruction led by experts, case study examinations, and small group presentations that address finance, marketing, leadership, facility operations, safety, and revenue operations. Participants present throughout all sessions earn 16 credit hours toward IAAPA Certification.
IAAPA Safety Institute
On 11 June, this program provides an opportunity for attractions owners and operators to learn about the latest developments and best practices in ride safety standards, loss prevention, risk management, ride design, and safety compliance. This program is eligible for credit toward IAAPA Certification. Participants earn four credit hours toward IAAPA Certification.
Please note: IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers and IAAPA Safety Institute each require a separate fee.
Registration Now Open for Press and Attendees
Press registration to attend and cover IAAPA Expo Asia is now open. Members of the press can apply for credentials online at: www.IAAPA.org/expos/iaapa-expo-asia/press
To register for IAAPA Expo Asia, visit www.IAAPA.org/IAAPAExpoAsia.