The expo will feature a number of cutting-edge project demos for developments with the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, Google Cardboard, Samsung GearVR, and more!
The event will take place across two days and is jam-packed with great exhibitors, insightful presentations, panels, and announcements. VRLA will feature over 130 exhibitors on the expo floor (open from 12pm both days) and over 30 panels and presentations for visitors to enjoy.
Sponsors for the event include hTC VIVE, hp, Skullcandy, GoPro, Google VR, Nokia, Unreal Engine, unity, Cry Engine, nVIDIA, Dolby, and more!
Some of the highlights at the event will include:
- VRcade (VRstudios' gaming and entertainment division) will showcase the industry's first wireless head-mounted display with a multiplayer, full-motion Western shoot-out game, titled Barking Irons.
- Mindride's Airflow on show! Players strap themselves in and feel the wind on their faces as they use their body to fly like a bird.
- WORLD'S FIRST VR RAVE! Presented by Skullcandy – the official audio partner of VRLA – will allow players to experience a line-up of artists mixing live music inside VR with an app called The Wave. They can walk around their performance in Gear VRs (thanks to WeLens) tracked by Phasespace cameras, hear the music through Skullcandy headphones, and feel the bass through Subpac backpacks. There are limited spots on the floor so entry will be on a first-come-first-served basis. For any visitors not using the VR experience, there will be a massive 3D LED wall behind the DJs that will display awesome visuals from The Wave thanks to 3D Live.
- SAMSKARA, created and produced by Android Jones and 360 Art, teleports groups of people into an immersive journey through 7,000 years of story and consciousness as told by the Hindu Vedas, using the 360 VR Dome.
- Musician, comedian, and immersive media icon Reggie Watts will be Saturday’s keynote speaker. Watts is best known for starring in the IFC series “Comedy Bang! Bang!,” films like “Pitch Perfect 2” and “Creative Control,” and leading the house band for “The Late Late Show with James Corden.” Try to arrive to VRLA before 10 AM to make sure you catch him!
VRLA has improved since the previous show at the beginning of this year, becoming a two-day event and expanding the two hour VIP time of previous shows into an entire industry-focused day. There is now a Two-Day Pro Pass available for visitors looking to attend the event on Friday. The show has also grown, with over 130 exhibitors and sponsors, and will now take place in the West Hall B!
For some insight into Virtual Reality LA, you can watch the video below: