KaleidoGames is an independent game developer that is dedicated to creating cross-platform games using PC, arcade and mobile apps.The team is constantly improving their current selection to be compatible with more and more devices to give players as many options as possible.
Vortex Attack is described by the company as a "frenetic arcade space shooter featuring explosive effects, an intense local mulitplayer mode and online tournaments via Stream".
Vertical shooters, otherwise known as shmups, were hugely popular in the Golden Age of arcade gaming, with every major company releasing several vertical/flying shooting games and every small company bootlegging them.
Vortex Attack will be available on 27th May 2015 for PC-STEAM for $4.99/£3.99; Vortex Attack Arcade Machine will be available from 30th May 2015 and will be revealed in the Arcade Con arcade developer conferences in Spain.
Game Features include:
- Up to 3 simultaneous local players
- 11 ship models (upgradeable up to 4 levels each)
- STEAM: Online leaderboards and over 70 achievements
- Regular tournaments (via Steam or Fairs)
- Sci-fi particles madness
- Tons of individual upgrades
- Hundreds of fun levels featuring the innovative Vortex System, bosses and bonus
- Multiplayer designed gameplay
- Action neo-retro FX and music
- Arcade coin-op: Design and integration
You can watch the teaser trailer here.
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest arcade and product news!