The AAA 2016 was as busy as last year’s CIAE show and largely exhibited Chinese manufacturers and suppliers, with very few foreign manufacturers at the show, including Bandai Namco, IGS and Homepin. The flow of foreign visitors also seemed to be quite low for this event as well.
It was an interesting show, with Bandai Namco not exhibiting ANY products at their booth and only distributed catalogues to visitors (though it appears some popular Namco games were on show in other areas of the exhibition floor), and IGS only showed DANZ BASE at their booth, while Homepin showed their usual cabinet products.
The most popular products included a variety of virtual reality products; the Iron Man by Huaqin, which can walk, shoot lasers, and runs on rechargeable batteries with a 68 hour battery life; and Go Fishing by Fish Rod, which came in a variety of models including table and upright versions.
Another kind of new product that garnered a lot of interest at AAA 2016 was a type of amusement machine with a projection function. It works by putting some sand in one big box and the machine projects some beautiful images onto the sands. UNIS have a notable projector product, which was similar to some of the machines seen at the show, which you can see below.
For the major manufacturers like Wahlap and UNIS, their booths were packed with loads of great machines to catch visitors eyes.
Wahlap were strongly promoting two machines in particular: the Aikatsu (Japanese card game machine – popular type of machine in Asia) and Hero of Robots, which featured new prizes!
Other products exhibited at the Wahlap booth include:
- Star Wars Battle Pod Flat Screen Version for 2 players
- Time Crisis 5 arcade shooting machine
- Monster Eye arcade machine
- Lost Land Adventure arcade machine
- Storm Racer G Deluxe arcade machine with plastic and lighting decoration on the header, sides and seat.
- Storm Racer with motor
- Overtake (from IGS)
- Dinosaur Hunter 2 player arcade machine
- Let's Go Travel
- New Crane machines
- Sweet Land 5 (Namco)
- Storm Air Hockey
- New version Taiko no Tatsujin with ticket function
- Happy Cruise
- Street Hoops Party
UNIS were inundated with visitors at their booth and showed off some great new machines, including:
- Strike Pro Fishing 2 player arcade machine
- Polar IGLOO 2 player arcade machine
- A new photo functional kiddie ride (unable to ascertain title)
- Hover Race aarcade machine, which can link up to 8 units
- Happy skiing arcade machine
- Deep Sea Drive arcade machine
- Dino Crisis arcade machine
- Jumping machine
- Adventure Hunter – designed for 4 players and includes golden guns
- Riding Horse arcade game which can link up to 6 units
- Fantasy Forest – a projection style product
- Treasure Robot arcade machine
- Ace Angler: Go Fishing arcade machines
- ULTRA Race arcade machine
- MotorGP – a popular motorcycle racing arcade game
- Jurassic Park arcade machine – a shooting game based on the popular franchise
- Deadstorm Pirates – a popular pirate themed arcade game from Namco
- Crazy speed 2 arcade machine
- Beat the Goalie redemption machine
- Panning for Gold redemption machine
There was a distinct lack of more traditional style arcade machines, such as shooting and driving machines, at Asia Amusement & Attractions Expo 2016. Most of the popular products were Virtual Reality products, projector products, etc. The big growth in the amusement sector focused on children's redemption machines, specifically with self-redemption.
Congratulations to the organisers of Asia Amusement & Attractions Expo 2016 (AAA) on their first show and its’ success, and we look forward to 2017.