"We are excited to return to Shanghai for IAAPA Expo Asia," said June Ko, executive director and vice president of IAAPA Asia Pacific Operations. "Attendees will experience the largest trade show floor in this event's history. We've expanded the conference with more networking events, a robust education conference, and developed new opportunities for students and young professionals to learn more about the attractions industry. IAAPA Expo Asia is the place where the global attractions industry comes together to connect, learn, and grow."
During a preview of IAAPA Expo Asia, attractions industry leaders shared market insights and the latest culture and tourism developments in Shanghai. Speakers included:
- Joe Schott, president and general manager, Shanghai Disney Resort
- Luke Riley, chairman, IAAPA Asia Pacific Advisory Committee; IAAPA Board Member; and senior vice president, International Development, Village Roadshow
- June Ko, executive director and vice president of IAAPA Asia Pacific Operations
The Education program at IAAPA Expo Asia takes place over four days of the conference, where attendees can take part in more than 10 general education sessions on a wide range of topics including facility operations, marketing, public relations and communications, entertainment, government relations, security and safety, information technology, food and beverage, merchandise and games, human resources, and more.
Special Events and Networking Opportunities
Attendees can take part in exclusive special events during IAAPA Expo Asia:
- Opening Ceremony at Shanghai New International Expo Centre (12 June)
- Opening Night Reception at Shanghai Haichang Ocean Park (12 June)
- Leadership Breakfast Featuring Joe Schott, president and general manager, Shanghai Disney Resort (13 June)
- Lunch and Learn: Building A Successful Global Entertainment Business Featuring Michael Croaker, head of entertainment, Village Roadshow Theme Parks (13 June)
- Operators' Reception (13 June)
- Young Professionals Reception at The Shanghai Dungeon (13 June)
- (4) exclusive EDUTours to Hello Kitty Shanghai Times; Shanghai Natural History Museum; Safety and Environmental Affairs at Shanghai Disney Resort; and Food and Beverage, Safety, and Service at Shanghai Disney Resort.
Press registration to attend and cover IAAPA Expo Asia is now open. Members of the press can apply for credentials online at: www.IAAPA.org/expos/iaapa-expo-asia/press
To register for IAAPA Expo Asia, visit www.IAAPA.org/IAAPAExpoAsia.